Jobs @ Craic
Craic Theatre – Arts Development Officer
Responsible to: The Craic Theatre Board of Management
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Contract: One year fixed term
Hours: 37 hours per week
Holiday: 29 days per year inclusive of bank and public holidays
Notice period: 1 month
Purpose of Role
To develop artistic output as well as raise profile of organisation through funding, marketing and strategic development across the organisation.
- Take an active role in selecting, securing and/or approving guest directors, visiting companies, creative teams, actors and other artists
- Establish links with local theatre practitioners and see their work on behalf of the Board as required
- Initiate and develop artistic and educational collaborations (particularly with local schools) building creative partnerships that will support the artistic and business objectives of Craic Theatre and Arts Centre
- Prepare funding applications on behalf of Craic Theatre and Arts Centre
- Represent Craic Theatre at events and conferences
- Work in partnership with Craic Theatre & Arts Centre’s core team in building strong relationships with existing and potential funders
- Undertake a review of current marketing practice in line with Craic Theatre & Arts Centre’s current Audience Development Strategy, and where appropriate instigate a revised format, in order to develop the widest possible audience for Craic Theatre & Arts Centre’s work.
- Attend regular staff meetings
- Attend and report at meetings of the Board; to ensure the timely preparation of Board papers; to communicate appropriate information to the Board on all matters relevant to the discharge of its responsibilities at and between Board meetings; to advise the Board on artistic matters; and generally to maintain an open and collegiate working relationship with the Board and facilitate their engagement, both as a Board and individually, with Craic Theatre & Arts Centre and its work
- To be familiar with and personally responsible for acting within the policies of Craic Theatre and Arts Centre
- Assist in creating a positive, open and responsive working environment that is conducive to the development and attainment of the highest standards of artistic endeavour.
- Administrative and marketing duties.
- Planning and managing budgets.
- Fulfil any additional and appropriate duties as requested by the Board
For a copy of the job description and person specification please contact The Craic Theatre & Arts Centre email@example.com
Application is by CV and covering letter.
The deadline for the application is Friday 28th April at 4.00pm. It is anticipated that interviews will take place week beginning 08 May.
Craic is an equal opportunities employee
Craic Arts Centre – Finance & Administration Officer
Craic Arts Centre, 51 Dungannon road, Coalisland. BT71 4HP
Salary: £9,100 per annum
Hours: 16 hours per week – working hours to be mutually agreed
Reporting to: Craic Arts Centre Manager & Board
Finance and Administration.
The Finance and Administration officer will play a key role in the operation of the theatre and its projects. As well as undertaking general admin tasks under the guidance of the Manager, the Finance and Administration Officer has particular
Responsibility for four key areas:
• Financial administration.
• Preparing tills/floats and reconciliation of same.
• Implementing and maintaining an administration system.
• Maintaining and inputting project statistics to Sage to assist in grant and funding applications.
Hours of work
The post is offered on the basis of 16 hours a week; however, a degree of flexibility is available in the hours and days.
Please apply by sending your C.V with covering letter detailing experience and references to;
The Management Board, Craic Arts Centre, 51 Dungannon Road, Coalisland, Dungannon, BT71 4HP or alternatively email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 4pm on Friday 21st April at 4pm.
Interviews will be held on the week commencing Monday 24th April 2017.
Craic is an equal opportunities employer.